expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Monday Food Diary

When I tell people that I eat five or six times a day, I'm sure they think I'm either:
A) lying,
B) exaggerating, or
C) crazy.

But I can assure you, it's completely true. I don't exactly understand how it works, but eating this way for the past five or six months has allowed me to be as lean as I've ever been in my adult life. I feel good, I have tons of energy, I'm never hungry, and I don't count calories. It's working for me, and I'm pretty sure it can work for you, too.

Here's a look at my food diary for yesterday. (I don't keep a food diary every day, but if you're struggling with food it's something I recommend. Use www.myfitnesspal.com online or on your iPhone for an easy calorie- and nutrient-counting tool.) It was a pretty typical day, food wise.


Monday, February 28, 2011
6am
- Post-workout recovery drink

6:45am
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin spice oatmeal with raisins and Bran Buds sprinkled on top
- 1/2 an Orowheat Double Fiber English muffin with almond butter

9:50am
- Green Monster smoothie with blueberries, flax seed, 1/2 scoop soy protein powder
- One homemade banana muffin

12:05pm
- Greenberry Shakeology with 4 oz. water and 4 oz. skim milk
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- handful purple grapes
- 1/2 kiwi fruit
- 1/2 avocado smashed onto one slice of toasted whole wheat bread

3:30pm
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange/grapefruit/pineapple juice (from the fantastic Jack LaLanne Power Juicer)
- 1 pumpkin spice protein bar
- Handful Life cereal (I had to do this to make sure it wasn't rancid. It was for the children!)

6:00pm
- 2 Supreme Vegetarian Burritos on wheat tortillas
- Steamed mixed vegetables: carrots/cauliflower/broccoli
- 3/4 graham cracker

7:30pm
- 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal (dry)

When you're eating good food, you can eat a lot and keep your metabolism fired up at all times. Skipping meals slows your metabolism and causes you to hold on to the weight that you want to lose. So find some healthy food that you like to eat, and chow down -- early and often!

************
Workout of the Day
P90X Interval X

No comments:

Post a Comment