expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

RevAbs is Here!


  • 10 Workouts on 8 DVDs
  • Two-phase, 90-day workout plan
  • Nutrition guide
  • Results tracker, including fat caliper and tape measure
  • Calendar
  • Anytime, anywhere abs workout guide
  • Success journal

The calendar we'll follow for the next 90 days.
The thing I like about Beachbody exercise programs is that they are so thorough. You are introduced to the program and the trainer through a guidebook, which also includes space for a journal and a beginning fit test. The guide and calendar tell you exactly what to do, and when. If you follow the guide, the nutrition plan, and the exercise schedule, you will be successful. 

A lot of people like the gym, but my main problem with the gym is that -- unless you work with a personal trainer -- there is a good chance of having an aimless workout. Either you continually gravitate toward one machine and work on it for the time you're there, or you wander around the weight machines waiting and chatting with fellow gym members. Great for the social life, not so great for a workout.

With Beachbody programs, you pay once for access to a great personal trainer who will train you in your living room with minimal equipment and maximum use of your time (generally less than an hour). 

Zach and I have previewed some of the RevAbs workouts, and they look great. I'm really excited to start this weekend. I'll have a better review of the DVDs once we've actually done some of the workouts, but so far I like Brett Hoebel and it looks like a challenging program.

My goal for RevAbs is to strengthen my core/lower back so that I don't keep having lower back episodes that keep me hobbling around like an old lady.

*********
Workout of the Day
Insanity/Interval Plus Hybrid Workout
5 sets of 4 exercises -- do each set three times and three speeds: easy, medium, and "gang member chasing me down a dark alley." About 38 minutes, 310 calories burned, average heart rate 152

No comments:

Post a Comment