expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, March 11, 2011

I Want to Get Something Started

In August, Zach and I will have been doing P90X and its sister programs (P90X Plus, One on One) for three years. Three years! That's a lotta Tony Horton. We like it, it works for us, and we don't want to stop. But like Tony says, variety is the spice of fitness.

We've been admiring Biggest Loser trainer Brett Hoebel's Beachbody workout, RevAbs, for a couple months now. Despite being billed as an abdominal program, my research indicates that this is really a full-body program. Brett's philosophy is that everybody has abs...you just can't see them because of the fat. Hmm. That means you've got to burn it off, and that means cardio.

Here. See for yourself.


I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but I don't really like doing abs. I am always the one slacking off while Zach hits the floor for some ab work. And you know how I'm always complaining about my lower back hurting? That's probably because I have weak transverse abdominal muscles -- that's the muscle deep in your core that you can't see -- from never doing abs.

So last night I had a thought. We're all about 12 weeks from swimsuit season. Certainly there are some other people out there who are looking to change up their workout and want to be ready to don a bathing suit in a couple months. What if all those people got the program and started together on April 2?

We'd work out on our own, but meet up on the Smells Like Fitness Facebook page for accountability, to share results, and to see how fit we can get in the two months before June.

I'm using this opportunity to get out of my P90X, Tony Horton, ab-free comfort zone. What comfort zone do you need to bust out of? Maybe you're not doing any workout right now, or maybe you need something new. If so, I want you to join us! Think about it over the weekend, do some research, and then comment on my Facebook page if you're in.

Here's what you get with the program: RevAbs Ordering/Product Info

If you want to start on April 2, you need to order by March 25. So...what will it be? Are you in?

*************
Workouts of the Day
P90X Legs & Back
Body Gospel Fit Club: Gospel Glory

I had not done P90X Legs & Back in a long time since we've gotten some new leg workouts to incorporate. I was pleasantly surprised at how (almost) easy this was for me this morning. My legs have gotten much stronger in the past six months or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment