expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Forbes Says My Snack is Better Than Your Snack

On Facebook yesterday someone posted this link to a Forbes article about "The Perfect Snack." (Why a business magazine was talking about snacking, I'm not sure. But we'll just go with it.)

I was smugly satisfied to learn that my afternoon snack, raw almonds and dried fruit, was the "perfect snack" that they were talking about! O.K., so they said dried cherries, but my dried fruit includes cherries, cranberries, and blueberries, so I figured I'd count it. Sometimes I'll add some Cheerios into the (trail) mix, too.
They also mention hummus and raw vegetables, which is becoming a staple in our household. If I could only get my local grocery stores to carry tahini (ground up sesame seed paste -- an essential ingredient in hummus), then I wouldn't have to hoof it to Dallas every time I need some.

Here's my favorite quote from the article:
“Snacking is good for you,” says Somer. “It helps you control your hunger, manage your weight, maintain blood sugar levels and battle fatigue. It’s fuel, and it’s also enjoyment.”
Nobody ought to be running around hungry all the time! So don't leave the house without a bottle of water and a little container of almonds and dried fruit.

************
Workout of the Day:
P90X One on One Volume 3 - Shoulders and Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment