expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Awesome Web Site Round Up

I've come across a couple of websites in the past few weeks that have made me a) say, "Oh my gosh, YES, you are exactly right, b) this is AWESOME! or c) I can't get sucked into this site or my whole day will be gone.

Those are signs that they are awesome websites. So I needed to share them here.

The first is RevolutionaryAct.com, a site whose tagline is, "Being Healthy is a Revolutionary Act." Read their Manifesto. It got me all pumped up. It also reminded me of my beet experience at the grocery store, and confirmed to me that if you're buying things that nobody else is buying, you're probably on the right track.

Second is MyFitnessPal.com, and I am in danger of this site becoming my new obsession. It's up on my computer right now since I just finished entering what I had for lunch (Greenberry Shakeology, edamame, slice of wheat toast with hummus and half an avocado. Yum.) Create an account, fill in your information, tell it your goals, your level of activity, and enter your food. It will tell you whether you need to eat more or less, and complete a breakdown of your carbs, fat, and protein. The handy search tool makes entering your foods easy. Become "pals" with your spouse so you can share the menus you create.

The third site is one I found through another Beachbody Coach. It's called TheGraciousPantry.com, and it has a ton of awesome "clean eating" recipes. Be sure to check out Tiffany's oatmeal project. I especially appreciate how she almost always notes how you can involve your children in the cooking process.

*********** 
Workout of the Day:
P90X One on One, Volume 3: Plyocide

Zach and I have been waiting for more than a month to do this workout. The first DVD got lost in the mail, then the second one got held up in Illinois due to a bad label. I thought maybe we just weren't meant to have it. But then it arrived! And lo, it was tough.

This is very different from the P90X Plyometrics. It's not as aerobically challenging as the first plyo -- you're not huffing a puffing for 55 minutes. But it is killer on your legs. You're jumping off the weight bench with dumbbells in your hands and then jumping off the ground. You're jumping to reach the doorway 70 times. You're doing fast feet football drills.

Usually when we do a tough workout, I start to feel the soreness at about 8:30 or 9:00 that evening. As I sit typing here at 1:30 in the afternoon, I can feel my legs getting sore. It's not going to be pretty tomorrow!

One fun bonus to the workout today: it was the first time I used my sparkly new heart rate monitor. 

SIGMA ONYX Balance Heart Rate Monitor Watch
After I figured out how to silence the confounded beeping, it was fun to monitor my heart rate. And it told me that I'd burned 398 calories in the hour. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment