expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Challenge: Lunches

I'm not sure you want to be taking lunch advice from me, as it seems I've been putting together some really bizarro meals lately. Yesterday I had a chocolate Shakeology, half a Roma tomato, hard boiled egg whites, and whole wheat toast with avocado smashed on the top. As bizarre as it sounds, it was really good!

But first:
Goals Update!
I'm still on track with my 30-day goals and organization challenge. I've got a shiny set of 10 goals to strive for in 2011, and a new way to organize my to-do list. So far I'm really impressed with how the combination of a set of goals and a to-do list can keep you headed in the right direction. 

One of my goals was to get the Body Gospel Fit Club covered in my local newspaper.


Ta-Dah! There it is in black and white in the Forney Messenger. I also got the opportunity to submit a story I wrote to an advertising circular called Forney Living. If they decide to run the story (and why wouldn't they? It was a finely-crafted story, in my clearly humble and unbiased opinion), it will be out in February. 

And now for my not-so-good goal news. My seemingly easiest goal has already turned into an epic fail. Drinking two liters of water per day has proven to be really difficult! I've still got that pitcher on the counter, and I still fill it up every morning, but it seems like every day there's a little more left at the end of the day. Why is such a simple thing messing me up so much? Well, I just need to buckle down a bit more. (Gulp.)

************

Back to our regularly scheduled Challenge lunch ideas.
  • Leftovers! I plan on posting some great dinner ideas, so hopefully it will make enough for lunch the next day.
  • Whole wheat tortilla wraps with chicken, spinach, and any other vegetable you might want
  • Plain yogurt and fruit
  • Wheat bread with non-fat cream cheese, turkey breast, tomato, and sprouts (or avocado!)
  • Pile of vegetables with hummus dip
  • Shakeology (you know I had to include that one)
  • Apples with natural peanut butter
  • Celery with non-fat cream cheese
  • Salad
Get creative! That's how I figured out that greenberry Shakeology, non-fat cottage cheese, leftover chicken taco meat with salsa, and carrots is really filling. 

**********
Workout of the Day:
P90X One on One Volume 3: Yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment