expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Nutrition Tip of the Week

Welcome to the new year! I, for one, am very excited about this year and what's in store for my Team Beachbody business and for spreading the word about health and fitness. On Wednesday Zach and I will meet back up with our Wednesday workout crew at school, and then a week from tomorrow I'm starting a brand new Fit Club at my church using Body Gospel. I got the program in last week, and I am really impressed with both the workouts and the nutrition plan.

OK, today's tip occurred to me yesterday while eating lunch. Occasionally while I'm eating I'll grab my TIME magazine and read it while I eat. I noticed something, though. When I do that, it's like I am not conscious of what I'm eating, and seem to either a) eat more than I should or b) graze more in the hour or so after lunch because I think I didn't get full.

So today's tip is: Do not multi-task while you eat.

The best thing to do is put your meal on the plate, sit down at the table, and enjoy every bite. Let your mind, mouth, and stomach all realize and appreciate every bite that goes in your mouth. Don't talk on the phone, don't read a book, don't watch TV.

Obviously the worst case multi-task eating scenario is taking a bag of chips to the couch while you're watching TV and absent-mindedly proceeding to eat half the bag. You definitely want to avoid that.

If you are conscious of planning and preparing a healthy meal with proper portions, and you actively think about what you're doing when you eat, I believe you will be less likely to overeat or eat after your meal. At least that's been my experience.

*************

Tony Horton's coming to Dallas again! Zach and I saw him last September, and it was fantastic. 



This time he'll be here for his book signing. Zach got the book for Christmas, and we've both pretty much got the whole thing read already. I'll be going to the signing with another coach, and it should be a great time -- first a workout, then the book signing. Let me know if you want to go! Here is the list of appearances and links to register.

**********

Workout of the Day:
P90X One on One Volume 3: Chest, Back, and Balls. Ouch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment