expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 1, 2011

Shakeology/Clean Eating/Exercise Challenge Day One

Today is day one of the Shakeology/Clean Eating/Exercise Challenge! Seven people signed up for five days of Shakeology for breakfast, clean eating all day, and at least 30 minutes of exercise. They're tracking their activity and will share their experience on a private Facebook group page. I'm excited to see what they think of the manner of eating as well as the recipes I've chosen!

Here's a sneak peek at day one's food:

Breakfast: Shakeology
A.M. Snack: Yogurt and berries
Lunch: Tuna avocado salad on spinach plus carrots and celery
P.M. Snack: Cheerios, almonds, and raisins
Dinner: Supreme Veggie Burritos

I got a comment yesterday from one of the participants that pretty much sums up the mission of this challenge:
"Hi Susan, My wife and I are organizing ourselves for this week, but I have a question. My interest is not in losing weight...but in redesigning the weight I have to a healthier fat:muscle ratio and learning to be more intentional about my eating habits. I like the idea of the small clean meals throughout the day. I assume there is a benefit to incorporating this challenge week philosophy into a day to day routine and that is my interest. 
Due in part to P90X, I doubt there is enough of me at this point to lose or gain any big numbers. Am I correct in assuming the challenge is not an event only, but can be an intro to a healthier eating philosophy to be practiced daily?"
I couldn't have said it better myself! This is about finding a way to eat that is healthy, satisfying, and supportive of a revved-up metabolism. Zach and I have eaten this way for nine months, and we couldn't be happier with the food, our energy levels, and our overall fitness.

Best of luck to all my participants! Can't wait to see your results.

Think you could take on the challenge? I'll be running another one soon, so stay tuned!

************
Workout of the Day
Insanity: The Asylum - Strength

We have our own hybrid planned for the month. I'll share it tomorrow!

1 comment: