expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You know a workout is tough when...

...they have to bleep out the trainer because he said a nasty word during one of the exercises.


Insanity: The Asylum, Vertical Plyo. Our motto during this workout is, "Think how easy P90X Plyometrics will seem now!"

**********
This week I've gotten back into using www.myfitnesspal.com. Zach is pretty dedicated when it comes to logging his food, but I have gotten away from it. I'm organizing a 5-day Shakeology/Clean Eating/Exercise Challenge, though (more on that later), and one of the requirements for the participants is that they log their food and send me their journal each night. Since I don't want to ask them to do something that I'm not doing, I have made that a priority this week.

My favorite thing about myfitnesspal is "earning" extra calories through exercise. It takes me right back to my school days, where I would obnoxiously accumulate extra credit points to make my 99% a 103%. (Yes, I was "that girl" with the extra credit. I can't say that high school was much of a challenge for me academically. But don't worry, I got my bag handed to me the first semester of college when I narrowly escaped Business Math -- a.k.a. Math for Dummies -- with a low C.)

We're still sticking to the Shaun T Asylum nutrition plan pretty closely, so I generally don't have to worry about getting out of control on the calorie count. But seeing those bonus calories is a super motivator. If you haven't tried using myfitnesspal yet, I highly recommend it. Even if you just take one week out of your life to get a reality check on your food intake (that Starbucks latte cost me HOW MANY calories???), it's a valuable exercise.

**********
Workout of the Day
Insanity: The Asylum - Vertical Plyo
We are more than halfway through the 30 days of Asylum. My body is pretty tired, but I can already see improvements in my quickness and agility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment