expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, July 15, 2011

Let this be a lesson

When Texas gardening expert Neil Sperry indicates that you should thin out your baby squash plants before they get too big, you should take heed.


It's incredibly difficult to wade through those vines to find the zucchini.


I was going to title this post, "Check out these melons!" but was afraid of the web traffic that would solicit.


A bee in action. Pollinate, bee, pollinate!


It's been incredibly dry this summer, but our garden is hanging in there. The tomatoes are suffering, but the yellow squash have started another round of production, and we have about 15 cantaloupe on the vines, some of which are much larger than you can buy at the store. I plan on weighing that one in the picture above before we eat it -- it's the biggest we've ever grown!

**********
What do you think about the 5-day Challenge? Could you commit to five days of Shakeology, clean eating, and exercise? It will be easier than you might think -- the hardest part will be making the decision to do it.

Let me know by this Monday so that I can be sure to have enough Shakeology packets. Take a chance! You never know what you're capable of till you try.

***********
Workout of the Day
Insanity: The Asylum - Game Day and Overtime.

You guys, this workout destroyed my legs. And my core. And my arms. It's more than an hour after we finished, and I'm still in a bit of a haze. There will be some serious hydrating and possibly a hot bath tonight in the hopes of avoiding a massive leg cramp in the night. 

You'd think there would be a rest day after 75 minutes of very intense exercise, but no. Sadly, no. Tomorrow is Vertical Plyo, another leg destroyer. I said a few months ago that I wanted to concentrate on legs this summer. I definitely got my wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment