expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I don't think that's what MyFitnessPal had in mind...

So, I think my food journal is causing me to eat more food than normal.

Let me explain. We're doing Asylum now and burning a bunch of calories in our workouts, so there are usually some "unused" calories left at the end of the day. Instead of being happy with that and going to bed, I'm immediately transported to a 1980s episode of Wheel of Fortune, back when they used their prize winnings to go shopping in a lovely showroom of prizes and gifts.

Do you remember that? "I'll take the ceramic dalmatian for $400, Pat."


But instead of a hideous dalmatian, I'm spending my calorie winnings on handfuls of cereal and almonds, some cherries, a pile of dried cranberries. Maybe all four of those things with a splash of almond milk. Am I hungry? No. But that screen says I've got calories to spend, and dangit I'm spending 'em!

I guess the lesson here is that even though keeping a food journal can be a valuable tool to keep your caloric intake in check, you should never forget to slow down and ask yourself if you really are hungry. Don't ever let Pat Sajak talk you into getting that dalmatian MyFitnessPal talk you into another brownie just because of some numbers show a deficit on the screen. Listen to your body...it knows more than a computer program.


********
Workout of the Day
Insanity: The Asylum - Strength

No comments:

Post a Comment