expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bringing It: P90X in the U.K.

Meet Phil, one of my customers who lives across the pond in the U.K. After pulling some strings to get Beachbody to send him the program overseas, he started P90X three months ago. He followed the program to a "T" and posted his thoughts and experience on the Beachbody message boards throughout the 90 days.

He had awesome results, and I am so proud of him for sticking with the program. He has made fitness a priority in his life and is experiencing all the benefits that come with that choice. Next up for Phil: Insanity. I can't wait to hear about his success with Shaun T's butt-kicker of a program!

Here are some excerpts from Phil's journal on the Beachbody message boards:

**********

4/23/2011

My Story so far,

February 2005 weighed in at 217lb, had quit smoking, cleaned up my diet, started cycling, going to the gym and lifting weights, that year saw me shed 57lb.

I kept everything up for over a year, then had some mental health issues, fell of the wagon, kept going to the gym and working out but my diet was all over the place.

This brings me to today, 206lb, fed up with being a porker, you can see my starting pic have tons of lovely looking clothes in my cupboard that i cannot get into, enough is enough, P90x is here so as from Monday 25th April 2011, I am going to "BRING IT" big time.

********

4/29/2011

Oh boy this program is tough with a capital X.

Half way through I really felt like throwing up, this is so tough, but guess what I am really enjoying it, ok maybe at my current fitness level which isn't to bad, perhaps i am pushing a bit to hard, as the heart rate is up on the limit most of the work out.

Max HR 185, average HR 153 Hmn cals burned 853.

I do see it as the only way to improve though.

I shall be performing AB Ripper X later in the day.

*****************

5/25/2011

I am lovin this P90x, I feel so tuned into the whole thing, the workouts the diet, its great, I am so glad my daughter found it, funny thing is she was looking for something for herself, I bought the X and the rest is history.

Sure its tough, but then anything worth having should be hard won.

*************************

7/25/2011

Apart from the odd blip from a couple of weeks ago, I have made it to the end, a great journey it has been.

I started out thinking this was all about fat loss, now I am at the end i now realise it is far more.

I have found an inner strength, a better sense of my body, I can push harder than I have ever been able to before.

My fitness has improved vastly too, sometimes when you carry out the same routine you feel that you are struggling, you look back a couple of sessions and think, I did not struggle like that before, then after the session you compare notes, and the answer smacks you in the face, all the numbers have gone up, the numbers that have not but have in-fact dropped, i refer to the heart rate, maximum and average, in my case all gone down, the answer is Improved strength, stamina and overall fitness.

My starting stats were:

Weight : 206lb

Chest : 43"

Waist(abdomen) 43"

Hips 39.5"

Thighs 23"

Arms 13.5"


Stats at the end:

Weight : 192.4lb Total loss of 13.6lb

Chest : 40.75" 2.25" gone

Waist(abdomen) 41" 2" gone

Hips 38.5" 1" gone

Thighs 22"

Arms 13.5"

I am very pleased with the results, it would have been nice to have shed more of the lard, but at least I know I have shed it slowly enough that all the loss, should only be fat.

I am going to be doing another round soon, but first I am going to do Insanity, in-fact I started today, performed the fit test.

As you can see I have a long way to go, however I have time and patience on my side.

Keep Bringing it.

See you soon.

Phil.

***************
Workout of the Day
 P90X One on One - Yoga MC:2


No comments:

Post a Comment