expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Insanity: The Asylum, Day 30 Fit Test

Whew! Thirty days of Asylum are now behind us, and I have to say that I'm really impressed with this program. It's tough! I think the thing I liked best about it is how it involves both your brain and your body. When I started, I felt completely out of control...flailing all over the place, hitting the agility ladder, completely inept at the jump rope moves. By the end I was flying through the agility ladder and hardly ever missing any of the fancy jump rope footwork.

I don't think I've ever been so mentally drained by a workout as I was after Game Day and Overtime, 75 minutes of sports drills ranging from football to basketball to wrestling to surfing. I was in la la land for several hours after that one.

This morning was the closing fit test, and I improved in all areas except one. The first number listed is from day one, and the second number is from this morning: (All exercises were completed for one minute.)

Agility Heisman     7 / 9
In and Out Ab Progression     37 / 49
Pull Ups     10 / 15
Mountain Climber Switch Kicks     60 / 100
Agility Shoulder Taps     5 / 6
X Jumps     35 / 38
Moving Push Ups     3 / 3
Agility Lateral Shuffle      13 / 17
Agility Bear Crawl     8 / 13


Here are Zach's 30-day results:


Agility Heisman     10 / 11
In and Out Ab Progression     50 / 55
Pull Ups     15 / 20
Mountain Climber Switch Kicks     74 / 104
Agility Shoulder Taps     6 / 7.5
X Jumps     40 / 44
Moving Push Ups     DNC / 5.5 (did not complete first round due to chest muscle injury)
Agility Lateral Shuffle      15 / 17
Agility Bear Crawl     13 / 15



The improvements are due to three things:

  1. Better conditioning.
  2. Knowledge of the moves.
  3. Knowing how to push myself further. (Shaun T.'s yelling is pretty motivating.)
Up next will be a hybrid of P90X and the Asylum. We haven't decided if we are going to use the provided hybrid schedule or if we'll make our own. 

Overall, I'm really glad we decided to tackle the Asylum. I recommend it to anyone with a solid fitness foundation who wants to take it to the next level. 

*************
Workout of the Day
Insanity: The Asylum - Fit Test

No comments:

Post a Comment