expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, April 15, 2011

My New Kicks

The exciting news around here this week is that I got myself and new pair of shoes. Yes, new shoes qualify as "exciting news."

My two previous pairs shoes were Asics running shoes, and while they were great and really comfortable, I have come to the realization that I don't run much anymore. Maybe a couple times a month in the spring and summer; I'm a fair-weather runner, you see. If it's the slightest bit cold or windy, I won't do it. This is kind of weird considering running used to be my primary choice of exercise. P90X will do that to you!

So I had been looking for several months for a cross-training shoe that was nice and light, and didn't have a giant sole. Here's what I found at Academy for the very reasonable price of $29.99:


In the past, some of my favorite shoes have been Adidas trail runners, so it's nice to go back to my roots. I really dig the pink shoelaces, and if you look closely you can see some cute flowers on these, too! Functional and girly -- a winning combination:


What kind of shoes are you rocking these days? Reebok? New Balance? Nike? I've never been a Nike fan; their shoes always seem to have too little arch support and cushioning for my tastes.

Here's the shoes my daughter prefers nowadays:

A true Texan.
 And because it's Friday and this cracked me up, here's a random picture of Kate at nap time this week. She is wearing socks on her hands. I have no idea why.


Have a great weekend, everybody! Tomorrow morning I'll be hosting a Shakeology table (with samples!) at the 4th Annual Raider Pride Booster Club 5K in Sunnyvale. Race starts at 9 a.m. Come by and see me!

*********
Workout of the Day
RevAbs Power Intervals and Pull Ups. 20 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment