expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Food on the Tube

Don't forget to place your vote for my entry (you can vote once per day!) for the Shakeology Snap Your Success contest! I'm the one in the side by side black dresses!
http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/103232/voteable_entries?ogn=facebook

**********

I don't watch as much television as I used to. The 5 a.m. workouts necessitate an early bedtime, and I have been known to geriatrically declare that "9:00 is just too late to be starting a show." Couple that with bath time/story time from 7 to 8 p.m., and it just doesn't leave much time for T.V.

However, I am really excited about tonight's return of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.


Last year the "Naked Chef" crashed Huntington, West Virginia in an effort to clean up the diets of America's unhealthiest city, and this year he's heading to Los Angeles. It's on ABC at 7 p.m. Central time, so I won't be asleep yet.

While reality shows aren't generally my thing -- I've never watched American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars baffles me to no end -- the Food Revolution show is right up my alley. Jamie is all about cooking fresh food and enlightening the masses about the crap that's in crappy food.

My favorite episode from last season was when he attempted to gross out a group of school kids with the reality of what goes in a processed chicken nugget. Witness the epic failure:


Here's hoping Los Angeles goes a little better! Tune in tonight to find out.

**********
In other exciting, but not at all fitness-related T.V. news, Friday Night Lights is back this week, too! If you haven't been watching this show, go to Netflix and rent it. It is the best, I love it, and I am sad that this is its last season. It's not just about football, and the acting is absolutely great. Tami Taylor is my fictional Mom hero. 


My other rousing T.V. endorsement goes to Shark Tank, the ABC show that puts entrepreneurs seeking investors in front of a panel of five millionaires. Between the sometimes brilliant, sometimes ridiculous ideas the entrepreneurs pitch and the raging egos of the millionaires, this show is never boring. Bonus points for airing at a sensible hour! 7 p.m.Central time.


********
Workout of the Day
RevAbs: Total Strength and Mercy Abs

No comments:

Post a Comment