expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Your friend, the crockpot

I'll be the first to admit that I have it easy when it comes to cooking dinner. I work from home, my kids are still young and unhindered by a bunch of extracurricular activities, and I have the time to make fun and exciting new things a few times a week.

But that's not the case for most people. If a working mom wants to make dinner for her family it's got to be quick and/or easy. Enter the crockpot! Even though I do have time to make dinner, I'm still a big fan of the one-pot, "set-it-and-forget-it" meals that cook themselves.

I've made a few meals in the crockpot lately that had less than five ingredients and knocked my socks off, flavor-wise. These are so easy that you don't even need a recipe. Just put the ingredients in your head, grab the stuff at the store, and load up your crockpot. Voila! Easy-peasy.

Here they are, dedicated to my hard-working women friends.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

 

- 2 - 3 chicken breasts (depending on the size of your family)
-1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa

Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken. Garnish with all the regular taco fixings!


Hawaiian BBQ Chicken



- 2 - 3 chicken breasts (depending on the size of your family)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- Your favorite BBQ sauce

Layer the chicken, chopped onion, pineapple WITH juice, and about half the bottle of BBQ sauce in the slow cooker. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken. Serve on buns or on rice with a side of veggies.

You know what else these meals are good for? LEFTOVERS! A working mom's best friend.

***********
Workout of the Day
P90X Plus: Interval X Plus, then a two-mile run

Today is a recovery/foam rolling day in the P90X2 schedule, so that will happen tonight in front of the TV. Interval X is a quick cardio workout and the weather was good this morning, so I put a few extra miles in. The Tough Mudder is rapidly approaching and I'm a little nervous about those ten miles...



No comments:

Post a Comment