expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Words of Wisdom Part 2: Craig Holiday

Back in November I attended Beachbody's Game Plan training with Larry Zimberg, and he had some great words of wisdom to share with the group. Last weekend I attended the Super Saturday event in Dallas featuring Craig Holiday, and it was just as informative and motivating.

It's been a rough couple weeks around here, and to be honest, I didn't really feel like going to the event. But once it was over, I was glad that I did. It's good to be around like-minded people who care about ending the trend of obesity and helping people achieve their goals.


Craig Holiday is a leadership consultant for Beachbody. I'm not exactly sure what a "leadership consultant" is, but after Saturday's meeting I do know that Craig is savvy, insightful, and an empowering speaker who knows how to motivate a crowd to do better and be better. Here are a few of Craig's words of wisdom:
  • You must find your DNA: Determined Natural Ambition.
  • Your significance is more important than your success.
  • Struggle is less painful than regret.
  • It's not what you eat...it's what's eating you.
  • You ought to live your life as if it's not about you.
  • Some will. Some won't. So what?
  • Never take responsibility for someone else's failure OR their success.
  • You succeed in life by running to a dream or running from a nightmare.
  • A lot of people buy things they don't want with money they don't have to impress people they don't like.
  • Someday doesn't exist. Set goals with an actual date in mind.
  • There are two types of people: those who excite you when they come in the room, and some that excite you when they leave.
  • What you become on the journey is the real prize.
**************
Workout of the Day
P90X Yoga
Yesterday we did Core Synergistics, which always kills my lower back. I'm super stiff today, so I'm doing the ice pack/heating pad treatment. Although the ice hurts, I've found that taking the time to rotate ice and heat means my back feels better in a day or two instead of a week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment