expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beachbody Product Review: Brazil Butt Lift

You all know I love my P90X. I've spent the last two and a half years push-up and pull-upping till I'm blue in the face (sometimes literally). But I know P90X isn't for everybody, and that's why Beachbody has a whole host of products to appeal to all kinds of people.

Since I take this Beachbody Coaching thing seriously, I feel it's my duty to try out as many Beachbody products as I can and report my findings. And so today, with a special shout out to my friend Sarah who loaned me the program, I bring you: Leandro Carvalho's Brazil Butt Lift.

Here's what you get when you buy the Butt Lift:
  • The Booty Makeover Guide, complete with Your Booty Blueprint (to tell you what kind of booty you have - "Too Flat," "Pear Shape," or just straight up "Too Big").
  • Fat-Burning Foods Nutrition Guide
  • 6-Day Supermodel Slimdown Plan
  • Measurement Tracker Card and Tape Measure
  • Resistance Band
  • Triangle Training Workout Cards
  • 7 workouts on 3 DVDs
And Oh! I forgot the pencil! You also get a pencil so that you can perform "The Pencil Test," wherein you put a pencil in the crease between where your butt meets the top of your thigh. If the pencil stays up  (or disappears), you, my friend, are in need of a lift. 

Now let me admit (if it isn't clear already), that I approached this workout with my tongue securely in my cheek. I mean, c'mon, a butt workout. Are you serious? Well after doing these workouts let me tell you: it's serious. And also? Seriously fun. 

First of all, each workout starts with drums and whistles straight out of Carnival and greetings from Leandro: "We are in RIO DE JANEIRO!!!"

Then you're in his studio, backed by six color-coordinated girls whose booties definitely do not need lifting. 

Did I say studio?


Oh, wait! Now you're on the beach!


You're in the studio!


You're on the beach!


You're on a horse!


After awhile I wasn't sure where I was, but I did know that my butt hurt. Leandro's got you lifting, shaking, and dancing all over the place, all the while shouting encouragement like only Leandro can:

"Beat the drums!"
"In Brazil we call the booty the boom boom, so I want you to work your boom boom!"
"Shake your booty! C'mon let it go! I dance!"
"Are you feeling warm? I hope so because I am sooo warm!"
"Did you like that move? I stole it from Shakira!"

Working out with Brazil Butt Lift is not unlike working out with your gay hairdresser. Your really fun, high-spirited, gay hairdresser.

You can't really appreciate what I'm saying until you hear from the man himself. So here he is, with a very important message that I wholeheartedly support:



I know he's Brazilian and all, but you know who Leandro reminds me of?


Oh, Leandro, I kid because I love. This workout seriously works your butt. The nutrition guide is great, the workouts are fun, and every time you work out with Leandro you're bound to work both your butt and your abs...due to all the laughing you're going to do while you try to keep up with him.

Want to try the Butt Lift? Buy it here.

***********
Workout of the Day
P90X Plyometrics

1 comment:

  1. Has anyone had a brazillian butt lift surgery in India? Let me know that what is cost for this procedure and recovery time also.

    ReplyDelete