expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 11, 2011

Card Trick

It's Friday, which means it's legs day. Since I had such a crummy workout yesterday, I decided to choose my absolute favorite leg workout to do this morning: P90X One on One Volume 2: Bun Shaper. (I say "I" decided because even though Zach and I work out together, he generally lets me decide which one we do. Such a peach, that one.)


This one is nine exercises completed twice. I won't list all the exercises, but I wanted to pick out one very special (read: tortuous) exercise that you can do at home with great results. It's called:

8 Card Pick-up

Here's what you do. Get yourself eight playing cards. Put them down in a vertical row in front of you. Squat down (squat, not bend), pick up the first card. Squat down, put the first card on the second card. Squat down, pick up two cards. Squat down (keep your butt down!), put those two cards down on the third card. Squat down and pick up all three cards and put them on the fourth. And so on. 

It's called 8 Card Pick-up, but that's 64 squats you're doin' there, mister. Obviously, 64 squats is a lot of squats. But at least you've got something to take your mind off of it. Just don't accidentally drop a card or pick up two. That's the worst.

This morning is my Body Gospel Fit Club up at church. Will my legs make it? I guess we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Guess I will start with just 3 cards....Ha! Love, Your mother

    ReplyDelete