expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 16, 2012

Quick and Tangy Yogurt Salsa Dressing

Two lousy tablespoons of Ranch dressing has 11 grams of fat in it. 11! That takes the wind out your sails when you're trying to do something "good" by eating a salad.

I get quite a few questions about healthy dressing options, so I wanted to post this one I've found that is an absolute winner. This yogurt salsa dressing is creamy, has a zip to it, and comes together in less than five minutes. It's also versatile. I like to serve it on veggie or bean burgers, on taco salad...even on just a regular old garden salad.

The mixture of the agave, lime and the cumin and chili powder spices...mmm. It's got a Mexican feel, for sure, but don't let that stop you from throwing this on any old thing you want. Get crazy with it!

 

Here's what you do:

Ingredients
1/2 cup salsa (choose your favorite - I used Pace)
2 TB plain low-fat yogurt or plain greek yogurt
1 TB lime juice
1 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder

Directions
Put all the above in a bowl and mix it with a spoon until incorporated.

See? Easy! I bet you have all that stuff in your pantry right now. Make it this week and let me know what you think!

**********
Workout of the Day
Les Mills Pump Extreme
This is the granddaddy of the Pump workouts, and I was screaming at the end of the lunge track. We've been doing this workout for a little more than a month, and my legs have never felt stronger. Literally -- like, when I feel them they feel muscular, and that's not like any legs attached to my body that I remember. 

I know this is one of the more expensive programs in Beachbody's workout library, but it is so fun, and so worth it. Here are the details about the packages, and it's also available in a Challenge Pack -- that means you get Shakeology with it, too. If that ain't a winning combination, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment