expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Vegetable of My Labor

Here it is! The first vegetable harvested from the 2011 garden.


The potato plants have gotten so big, and I was dying to know if there were any potatoes under there. There are! Sunday night I’m fixing Deceptively Delicious meatloaf, and while I was at the store I thought for a second that I was going to buy some new potatoes to fix with it. Nope! I’m heading out to the garden to pick our dinner that night.

On a separate and completely random note, have you ever noticed that the bottom part of celery, when chopped off, looks like a lovely flower? Here it is arranged on the chopped veggies for the week.


I felt artsy for approximately 2.3 seconds. Then I snatched that flower out of the bowl and it went to the compost pile with the rest of the scraps.

********

Does anybody watch Parks and Recreation on NBC? It’s so great. That show is funny enough with Tom Haverford and Ron Swanson; throw in Chris Traeger, the supervisor/health nut, and it’s downright hilarious. Here are his greatest hits. Literally.


I like to tease Zach that he is Chris Treager. Especially when it comes to resting heart rates and jogging to digest hamburgers. If anyone would like to join him, he’ll be jogging backwards, up the big hill next to the Walmart. 

Have a great weekend, everybody!

*********
Workout of the Day
We took a day off RevAbs to do some leg work. Bun Shaper from Tony Horton's One on One series. My favorite of all the leg workouts!



No comments:

Post a Comment