expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, May 20, 2011

In Good Company



It's been said that you are the average of the five people you hang around the most. If that statement is true, then the people I want to hang out with are Team Beachbody Coaches.

I have been a coach for eight months now, and on any given week I come into contact with dozens of other coaches; some through business accountability groups, some on Facebook or blogs, and this week I met or spoke with five coaches personally.


These are some of the most dedicated, motivated, positive, success-oriented people I have ever seen. They work hard, encourage others, and are constantly working toward being better people, mentally and physically.

Even though we are all in the same business -- and essentially could see each other as competitors -- there is a high level of cooperation and transparency. I think that is because most of us understand that this company's goal of ending the trend of obesity will be difficult enough to surmount without being territorial. There are more than enough people who need our help.

In our daily lives we are surrounded by people who are negative, pessimistic, delusional, lazy, and entitled. Constant interaction with those people is bound to bring you down, especially if your five best friends exhibit those traits.

For me, Team Beachbody has been an antidote to all that; a breath of fresh air that has caused me to take stock of what it means to be successful in life, in relationships, and in business. Even if my business never makes a bunch of money, I will have reaped the intangible benefits that come with rubbing shoulders with great people.

*********
Workout of the Day
RevAbs: Rev It Up

No comments:

Post a Comment