expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day One

One day down, 20 to go!

I spent the days leading up to the Reset trying not to behave like a bear preparing for hibernation. It was hard, though, since Saturday was Kate's birthday and Sunday was Mother's Day.


Saturday we had pizza (homemade grilled veggie pizza for Zach and me) followed by a trip to the ice cream shop (where we split a hot fudge sundae). On Sunday my parents came over for a very healthy, but big, meal of grilled chicken, roasted root veggies, brussels sprouts, green beans, and homemade bread. Then cupcakes! Then a "goodbye cereal" snack after dinner.

Promptly upon waking up on day one, you start up the supplement ritual. Lots of water, a shake of this, a few drops of that, a couple tablets. No biggie. Day one's breakfast was steamed kale, two scrambled eggs, and two pieces of toast. Normally I'm a "hide the kale in the Shakeology" kind of gal, but it was really good.

Oh wait! I forgot to show you the picture of our haul from the grocery store to prepare for the Reset:


I'm an adventurous eater, but there were some things I've never bought (or thought about buying) on the list. Seaweed sheets, anyone? Millet? Jicama? Ezekiel bread?

Back to the breakfast. When I threw my "generous handful of kale" in the pan, I thought I'd gone overboard:


But it turned out fine!

That dry Ezekiel bread tasted like a million bucks!


Between breakfast and lunch I felt a little fuzzy. Kind of in the Twilight Zone, or something. But lunch picked me up, and it was so colorful and delicious. It was a microgreen salad with homemade dressing, plus pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds mixed in.



More supplements, more water, and a one-time-a-day supplement called Alkalinize at about 3:00. It tasted like mulched grass, but luckily I'm not grossed out by that.

Dinner was supposed to be salmon, but I happen to have a freezer FULL of tilapia, so I fixed the recipe exactly as directed, but substituted the fish. This dinner was honestly easier to prepare than 85% of the dinners I make on an ordinary night. But I'm kinda weird like that.

Drew ate it and loved it, as did we. (Kate, of course, is out of the equation here. She ate her bread and drank her milk like every other night. Will that girl eat any food that isn't brown or orange one day? A mother can dream.)


And with that, the kitchen was closed for the night!

The day went very well. I drank almost a gallon of distilled water, the supplements didn't make me gag, and the food is so good. I can't wait to try some of the recipes coming up!

I did miss my celery with peanut butter and raisins at 3:00, and overall I caught myself thinking about just wandering into the kitchen for a handful of cereal or almonds or something. It made me realize just how much recreational eating I do. I eat because I'm bored, or because someone else is eating, or because "it's time" to eat.

One thing the Reset guide tells you to do is slow down and enjoy your food. Pause over it before you start eating. Be thankful for it and prepare to eat. When you're eating, you take small bites and chew them thoroughly. You drink 20 oz. of water 30-45 minutes before your meal, but you don't drink during the meal because extra liquid dilutes digestive juices. That's all a change for me...I usually inhale the food on my plate and go back before seconds before it's even reached my stomach.

When you think about it, we really should be so thankful that we have access to healthy food. We live in an age where food is readily available and plentiful, so we take it for granted. It's like we've forgotten that food fuels our energy, and I am starting to think it fuels our thoughts and emotions, as well. Is it just a coincidence that obesity and depression are both rampant in this country?

It's only been a few days, but I can already endorse the Ultimate Reset. It's teaching people how to eat, how to cook, how to appreciate food instead of see it as a necessary distraction. The positive testimonials are rolling in every day. I can't wait to have one, too!

Learn more about the Reset on my brand-spanking new Ultimate Reset website: www.UltimateReset.com/CoachSusanH

Or tune in for the adventures of our group going through the Reset together here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/211276352323112/

***********
"Workout" of the Day
We're not technically working out during the Reset. Today we woke up at our usual time and did Les Mills Pump: "Flow" (the yoga routine) and the Pump Abs routine. Then I got right into food prep for the day! Made a romaine heart salad for Zach to take to work today. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment