expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Starting a movement Movement

"The first follower is what transforms a lone nut into a leader." -- Derek Sivers

Earlier this week Zach and I devised an Insanity: The Asylum challenge for the summer. It's Beachbody's newest program, and among the most intense that the company offers. We're starting at the end of June, and decided to see if a few brave souls from his school community wanted to join us for 30 days of hard-core fun. 

We crafted an email invitation to the people we thought might be up for such an intense program, outlining the details of the challenge. Once the email was done, my finger hovered over the "Send" button.

"What if everyone says no?" I asked Zach. "We'll do it anyway," he said. "What if everyone thinks we're crazy?" I asked. "Well, we kind of are," he said. 

The next day Zach came in from work and I asked if he'd heard from anyone about the challenge. "No," he said. "Oh my gosh, it's worse than saying no," I said. "They're just going to pretend they never saw the email. I feel dumb. Let's still do it, though." 

As Beachbody Coaches, Zach and I are trying to start a movement Movement. It's not always popular, and sending that email made me feel a bit vulnerable and silly. Kind of like...well, kind of like the guy in this video:



I'm pleased to say that yesterday we got our first takers on The Asylum challenge -- a whole family, in fact! 

The thing about a Movement is that the hard part is getting started. After that, momentum takes over and all of a sudden you're moving and shaking to the music with a big group of new friends.

Want details on our Asylum challenge? Send me a message and I'll let you know how to join the dance party.

*********
Workout of the Day
RevAbs: Power Intervals 2

No comments:

Post a Comment