expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top 3 Pinterest Recipes I'm Not Cooking Right Now

After a rocky start with Pinterest, I'm now completely on board with that time-suck of a website. I pin and ogle, pin and ogle, again and again and again. My favorite place to pin is while waiting in the never-ending car line at the kids' school. Have you noticed that the pins on the mobile Pinterest seem much more interesting than the ones on the computer?

Here's the thing about Pinterest, though: do you ever actually go back and visit your own boards? Are you making the recipes that you've pinned to your food board?

I sure as heck don't!

But if I did, here's what I would fix:

Honey Crisp, Kiwi, Raspberry Salad

One of my favorite salads, and so refreshing - Honey Crisp Apple Slices, Kiwi Slices, and a handful of frozen Raspberries, mixed in with Vanilla Yogurt.  Even non-yogurt lovers will like this!

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with some vanilla yogurt. So easy...why haven't I done this? Oh yeah, because I don't visit my own boards!
P.S. Those don't look like Honey Crisp apples...seems to be Granny Smith from the looks of it.

Quinoa, Red Pepper, Cucumber Salad

quinoa salad

This one's even got an official recipe. Maybe that's why I haven't fixed it.

No Bake Pumpkin Bites

Vegan No Bake Pumpkin Balls from The Cleaner Plate Club

Oh wait! I have made these...but only because I was the one who found the recipe and made it into a pin for Pinterest. Doesn't count!

And finally,

Sunflower Cupcakes

sunflower cupcakes!

I know those aren't healthy, but they are adorable and my daughter has a birthday coming up this weekend. I just may need to break my streak and actually use one of my Pinterest pins.

Do you use Pinterest in the way it was intended?

************
Workout of the Day

P90X Core Synergistics


No comments:

Post a Comment