expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The House of Mouse

Did I tell you guys about the time we planned a trip to Disney World and hid it from the kids until the day we were leaving?

We totally did.

Last year I had a goal of earning "Success Club" each month with Team Beachbody. If I did that, then I would be eligible to earn a trip (and a lot of money while on the trip) to Disney World. In December I met that goal.


Disney World is not someplace Zach and I really ever considered going, because it is really, really expensive, and really, really....Commercial. While we do watch Disney movies, we don't have the channel and don't really make a big deal out of Mickey Mouse or princesses. I'd much rather my kids watch PBS. But since Disney characters and Disney World/Land is pretty ubiquitous in our culture, our kids had a vague idea of what it was when we told them at breakfast that we were getting on a plane to go there.


I just keep seeing their little faces in utter disbelief in my head. I love how Kate said a very quiet "yes" real quick after we asked the question as if we might take it back if we got no response. I also love that the kids seemed to be more excited about seeing Shaun T than Mickey and Minnie. Clearly they see Shaun T more than they do Mickey Mouse at our house.


As we left on the trip I have to say that I wasn't necessarily super excited for it. I mean, I was super excited for the kids, but I had a little bit of dread in that I knew there would be tons of people there, and it would be CRAZY expensive to buy food (hence 1/3 of our bags were stocked with food), and I just had a bit of apprehension.

But y'all, we had a lot of fun. Yes, there were lots of people. Yes, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cost $5.75. But seeing the look on my son's face after he went on Space Mountain for the first time was priceless. (For the record, that look registered terror and dismay. But darn if that kid didn't get right back on another roller coaster mere hours later, as did his sister. I was so proud!)

The kids were complete troopers the whole time. We had them up at 6am so that we could work out at Epcot with Shaun T. It was cold!




We had them out late at Downtown Disney so we could find something to eat.


Drew even showed his greatest patience with the Disney photographers who requested some "quick" shots with a dad and his kids for an upcoming Disney Cruise Line commercial.

We were told it would be quick. It wasn't.
We thought we might get some Disney bucks from it. We didn't.
We made it to Hollywood Studios early and rode "Star Tours" three times in a row.


Kate was ready to swim at the drop of a hat, even if the temperature was 75 degrees (a good 15 degrees from proper pool weather, in my opinion).


Like any event hosted by Team Beachbody, it was a fantastic time. On the closing night, they had a huge dinner and had the characters come to take pictures.


After the dinner, we all retired to a private area at Epcot where we could eat cookies and cupcakes and watch the fireworks show, complete with 3D glasses that made each sparkle from the fireworks look like a Beachbody logo.


It was truly a magical trip.

It meant so much to me to be able to earn this trip for my family. This has been a difficult year so far, and this trip was a bright spot. It's something we will all remember for many years to come. I'm so thankful for Team Beachbody and the opportunities it has afforded me -- the opportunity to earn some money while being home for my kids, the opportunity to take a trip that we would never dream of taking on our own.


It was incredible.

***********

Workout of the Day
We are in week three of a brand new round of P90X. We haven't done a complete round in a couple of years, at least. Here's the news: IT'S STILL HARD! Holy cow, Chest and Back kills me. Plyometrics still has me doubled over by the end. Hands down P90X was the best $120 we ever spent. Think about it: we've been using these DVDs for 5 years. That's a mere $24 a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment