expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 10, 2012

Quick, Easy Lunch

I am completely obsessed with roasted red peppers in a jar lately.


Have you had these before? They are one of those things that I must have walked by 678 times in the grocery store and never gave them a thought. I happened to pick some up to make the recipe below, and all of a sudden I'm finding any and all opportunity to use them: on salad, on pizza, in wraps...wherever I need a shot of flavor and some pretty red color.

This recipe (if you can even call it that) is courtesy of Chalene Johnson's book PUSH, which is a great read. You should pick it up for some valuable advice on fitness and setting goals for yourself!


Roasted Red Pepper and Hummus Wrap

Ingredients:
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Hummus
- Roasted red peppers
- Feta cheese

Take your tortilla, smear it with some hummus, sprinkle it with feta, and slap one of those gorgeous roasted red peppers on there. Roll it up, add a few baby carrots and celery, and there's your delicious, healthy lunch!

If you want to get fancy with it, add 1/2 an avocado and some spinach. Super fancy? Buy some of that garlic herb feta. That stuff is the bomb!


*********
Half-marathon training update:

The training schedule is going really well. It's kind of cool that each weekend I run a new personal "furthest." This weekend was 11 miles, which I ran at a 9:15 average pace. If I want to keep up with Zach on race day it will need to be more like 9:00 average, and I'm hopeful that I can do that. 

On race day we will wake up early and eat something, plus have some Energy and Endurance beforehand, which always juices me up. Combine those two things with the excitement of race day, and I should be able to knock some time off my average. Right now I'm not eating anything before the long run and only drinking water, and I have been finishing just fine. And surprisingly I haven't felt terribly sore on days after long runs, either. I think saving my running legs by doing PUMP and Insanity is going to work in my favor. 

*********
Les Mills Combat

My love of the Les Mills PUMP program is well documented, so I'm excited that a new version of the program is going to be available for pre-order starting Oct. 1. It's Les Mills Combat, hosted by Dan and Rachel, the trainers from the UK. Here's Rachel in all her awesomeness in Pump & Shred:


I'm guessing delivery of the program will be around Christmas, so make sure you get the pre-order in so that you don't miss out! Here's a preview:


Workout of the Day
Les Mills Pump & Shred
3-mile run with a friend in the beautiful 65-degree weather! Hello Autumn!


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! And what I really love, looks super easy to prepare. Love roasted red peppers!

    ReplyDelete