expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Smells Like What?

Fitness. It smells like fitness!

Why did I call this blog Smells Like Fitness? Because about two years ago, my husband and I bought a workout program from an infomercial, and now we are fitness and nutrition geeks. And big Tony Horton fans. Tony Horton is the trainer/host of P90X, P90X Plus, and P90X One on One, to all of which we subscribe. Somewhere in the many hours of exercise DVDs that we now have, Tony makes that exclamation and it makes me laugh every time. So, there it is.

A few weeks ago we went to see Tony LIVE and in person, and we heard more about Beachbody (the company that produces P90X), and the opportunity to become a Team Beachbody Coach. Now ordinarily I would shy away from anything that involves selling people on well, anything. But the fact of the matter is that I've been selling this program to anyone and everyone who will listen to me ramble about P90X for the last two years, and haven't gotten paid a dime. Why not try to get a little benefit out of it?

So, I have my Team Beachbody Coach site set up (http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/coachSusanH), and I'm ready to get people excited about getting fit, healthy, and happy.

Here are a few things to know up front:

Zach and I work out every morning, Monday through Friday, at 5am. That's five in the morning. Five. In the Morning. When we bought this program we knew that the only way we would stick to it was to schedule it. And with two small kids and a busy career, the only time somebody's not crying or scheduling an appointment is early in the morning. So I reluctantly agreed to that time, and low and behold...I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, I hate life from about 5:00 until 5:04. But once we're up and working out, I (almost) never regret it. And come 6:00, your workout is done! You have to whole day to conquer whatever else is on your to-do list.


Like climb up a mountain!

But I'm also the first to admit that Zach is the chief motivator around here. If he says "let's just sleep in today," I'm the first to agree. But...that has happened probably two times in two years.

We are trying to clean up our diets, although we've both never been ones to eat very cleanly. Growing up, my attitude was "I work out, so I can eat what I want!" But now that we're both in our 30s, it doesn't work that way. My other motivation for eating well is to teach my kids about healthy and unhealthy foods. I am so lucky in that I have a son who loves fruits and vegetables...my daughter not so much. We're working on her.

So that's why I'm starting this blog. I want to chronicle my experiences as a Team Beachbody Coach, start discussions about health, diet, and fitness, and hopefully motivate people to want to live a better life.

2 comments:

  1. You guys sound like amazing people. I would love to hear more of your "secrets" to success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're certainly motivating, but not in a pushy way. I love it...keep it coming! I need the information because I am clueless about healthy nutrition. I am learning though!

    ReplyDelete