expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, December 10, 2012

26.2

I don't think I could possibly be more proud of Zach, who completed his first marathon yesterday in 3:50:55. I'm in awe!


Special thanks to his training buddy Mark, who put in many hours and miles with Zach leading up to the race. If it weren't for him Zach may have tried to make me do the marathon, and then our kids would have been marathon training orphans.


And a special shout out to our trooper kids, who kept up as we raced through Dallas to see Dad on the course three times, and endured my insane dash uptown to get change for a $20 bill so that we could park and get there in time to see him cross the finish line.


Zach is doing fairly well today, mostly due to the fact that he subjects himself to a 20 minute ice bath after long runs. (Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. And Ouch.)


According to Nike Plus he burned 3300 calories on the run. We had a nice spread for dinner last night -- steak, roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar, pureed coconut butternut squash, and zucchini cashew soup. And then, cake.

I still can't believe he did it!

Drew's sour face is because "Dad is smelly."
Amazing job. Amazing.
************

Workout of the Day
Insanity: Asylum: Strength

The challenge for me for the next week to 10 days is working out by myself while Zach recovers! This is not generally a big deal, but it becomes a bigger deal when it is 20 degrees outside and I really don't want to get out of bed. This year's "fall" has been unbelievably mild, and up until yesterday I was running around in a cut-off shirt and shorts. No more! Back to sweats and sweatshirts for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment